Did You Know This About Baby Boomers?
- Born post World War 11 years 1946 to 1964.
- Beginning in January 1, 2011 more than 10,000 baby boomers reach 65 years old each day. Source: The American Dream
- 40% of baby boomer plan to work after retirement age. Source: American Dream
- Over 50% of discretionary spending power in the United States by baby boomers Source: American Dream
- 36% of Baby Boomers plan to move when their children are gone. Source: American Dream
- 44% of Baby Boomer who move or considering moving. They want a smaller house that requires less maintenance. Source: American Dream
- Statistics about Baby Boomers, Retirement and Empty Nest Source: Stage of life retirement.
California Baby Boomers
- Age: 51 to 70 years old
- Median Income: $75,000.00
- Education: 58% college educated
- Employment: 28% are retired
- Married: 56% are married
- Location: 51% live in Southern California, 30% live in Northern California, 19% live in other parts of California
- Own or Rent:
- 75% own their own home
- 22% rent
- Average number of years in current residence 16 years
- Did You Know This About Baby Boomers? Remembering American 1944 to 1959 Baby Boomer Generation. Baby Boomers are born after World War II. Baby Boomer are considered the “Special Generation” to any generation before them. The path for the baby boomer fortunes were set by generations before them. One of the strongest most resolute generations were the parents of baby boomer. This generation struggled through the Great Depression and fought won World War II. Baby boomer’s parents were born before World War II. Imagine a generation that had a four term President. During the war while American men were fighting women were welcomed in the work force. There was a true sense of appreciation for veterans. The unemployment rate in 1950s was approximately 4.3%. Elected US Presidents had been veteran of WWII. This spanned from Eisenhower to George H. Bush. President Roosevelt had signed Social Security Act 1935. Introduced the GI bill (1944) which gave veterans the ability to seek higher education and to purchase homes.
From 1945-1959 the American standard of living improved. American middle class grew. The heirs to their parents hard earned good fortunes were their children, Baby Boomers. The Special Generation were considered the most well fed, healthiest, most skilled and well educated. They were the wealthiest of any generation before them. Why not, the US was out of the depression won World War II. Baby Boomer were raised during the time of American prosperity. Products were made in America. Americans purchased American. Because after the war there was no real competition Europe and Japan were destroyed.
Baby Boomers Buying or Selling Real Estate Call