Food and Wine Pairing
- Beef, Lamb & Veal pairs well with: Chianti/Sangiovese/ Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chicken, Turkey & Pork pairs well with: Merlot /Chianti/Sangiovese/ Zinfandel
- Fish & Seafood pairs well with: Merlot/ Chardonnay/ Pinot Noir
- Pasta and Vegetables pairs well with: Merlot/Chianti/Sangiovese /Zinfandel – Fruits and
- Desserts pairs well with: German Rieslings Wines
- photo provide Zillow Digs
Cabernet Sauvignon flavors range from black currant, cherry, plum, mint, chocolate and spice. Pairs well with rich roasted meats or with grilled vegetables
Chardonnay grape comes in a variety flavors. Tastes includes orchard, tropical, citrus fruit, butter or spice.
Merlot is a soft wine with rich plum-like flavors noted with blueberry and cherry.
Pinot Grigio “Grigio” means gray in Italian. Is a bright golden color with an apricot, tropical lemon and pineapple flavors.
Pinot Noir red grape in color. Flavors are raspberries, cherries and smoke. Wine pairs well with grilled salmon and lightly sauced pasta dishes.
Riesling has a fruit-floral aroma and citrus flavors. Pairs well with Asian cuisine, summer salads and fresh fruit. A pleasant aperitif.
Sangiovese (San-gee-oh-vay-zay) a brilliant ruby red wine with ripe fruit flavors. Extremely versatile pairs well with a wide range of fowl, meat and pasta. Derived from Latin the “Blood of Jupiter.”
Zinfandel A quintessential “California red.” A versatile wine can be pairs with BBQ beef, grilled chicken or roasted chicken.
White Zinfandel pale pink in color. Can drink alone or pairs well with chicken, pork or seafood.
Steak w. Portobello Gravy Recipe
- – 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- – ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- – 1 teaspoon seasoning salt preservative free
- – 1 teaspoon sea salt
- – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- – 3 to 4 cups hot water (as needed)
- – 1 white or red onion sliced
- 1 cup Portobello mushrooms sliced with stem
- 1 cup chives slices
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
Gravy Prepare Gravy – Line medium skillet with olive oil and bring to high heat. Stir in coconut flour stir. Gradually add water while stirring making smooth removing lumps. Reduce heat as gravy smoothly thickens. Stir in pepper, seasoning salt and sea salt to taste. Stir in mushrooms, chives, garlic and onions. Simmer at low heat until vegetables become tender.
Preparation Steak Season steak with black pepper, seasoning salt and sea salt to taste. Slightly line skillet with olive oil. Bring to high heat and add steak. Grill on both side until desire (rare, medium or well done) Final Preparation: Cooked steak place on serving plate and top with delicious Portobello Mushroom Gravy.
Beef Roll Recipe
- – 1 ½ pound ground beef
- – 1 egg
- – ½ red or white onion (peeled and diced)
- – Black pepper to taste
- – Sea salt to taste.
- – ½ tablespoon olive oil
- – 1/8 cup finely diced parsley
- In small bowl mix egg well and set aside.
- Medium bowl mix ground beef, diced onion, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Add egg into meat mixture and mix well.
- Roll meat mixture into medium sausage sizes.
- Heat medium sauce pan added with olive oil.
- At medium to high heat add each beef roll.
- Brown and grill thoroughly.
- Remove beef rolls and place on paper towel covered plate let excess fat drain.
- Then place beef rolls on favorite vegetable.
- Dash rolls with fresh parsley flakes.
Wine and Food Pairing plus Recipes